Porcelain Crowns in Newport Beach
Durable, natural-looking Crowns
Crowns are used to restore broken or decayed teeth. Our crowns are made out of durable, natural-looking porcelain.
As a prosthodontist, Dr. Amini is an expert in rehabilitating smiles with restorations such as porcelain crowns.
Our high-quality, durable Crowns
Dr. Amini uses a variety of materials for his crowns, depending on the case. This includes all-porcelain crowns, PFM (porcelain fused to metal, such as gold or semiprecious metals), zirconia and extra-strength e.max® ceramic crowns, which are especially useful for the back biting teeth and for patients prone to grinding or clenching.
Dr. Amini is a master when it comes to designing crowns, doing extensive planning and preparation so that the crowns fit well, are durable and look natural and aesthetic. His colleagues have commented on his excellent designs!
Our crowns are fabricated by an excellent local lab that do a great job of shaping the crown and shade matching. For more extensive crown work, patients sometimes go to our lab to get custom shading for their crowns.
Dr. Amini’s crown procedure usually requires two visits. In the first visit, he carefully prepares your tooth for the crown, takes impressions and places your temporary crown. In 10 days to two weeks, your final crown will return from the lab, and the doctor will place it to your satisfaction. He will cement the crown into place, and you will have a beautiful-looking new tooth!
Onlays and Inlays: more conservative restorations
In some case Dr. Amini can create an onlay—a tooth-colored ceramic restoration designed to cover the tooth over the cusps—or an inlay, which is put inside the cusps. Using onlays or inlays, Dr. Amini can restore teeth with large cavities or minor structural damage can be restored to strength and health without having to prepare them for crowns.
Conditions Crowns are used for
A crown can correct many issues. Some common uses for crowns include:
- A crown is used to protect a damaged or decayed tooth.
- In root canal therapy, a crown is used to protect the dead tooth, as it is more susceptible to fracture after a root canal has been performed.
- A crown is used in conjunction with a dental implant to replace a single tooth.
- Crowns can be used to cosmetically enhance your smile by correcting discoloration or misshapen teeth. Veneers are often used for this purpose, but when the tooth is damaged due to fracture or decay, Dr. Amini may recommend a crown instead.
- Crowns can be used to correct your bite alignment.
To make an appointment, call 949-759-9777 or click here to request an appointment online.