What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a titanium post that is fixed into the jawbone and acts like an artificial tooth root. It is usually capped with a crown, bridge or denture. Dental implants have become the most effective solution for single–tooth and multiple-teeth replacement in dentistry today.
The modern solution for missing teeth
Dental implants are considered to be the modern solution for replacing missing teeth for the following reasons:
- Dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants act, look and feel like natural teeth.
- Dental implants prevent bone loss that occurs when teeth are missing.
- Dental implants keep adjacent teeth stable.
- Dental implants can help keep you free of gum disease because there is no gap to collect food and bacteria.
- Dental implants can prevent facial muscles from sagging and premature aging that occurs when teeth are left missing a long time.
Implants are a great alternative to dentures
In the past, the standard of care when people lost their teeth was dentures. Dental implants are the standard of care in modern dentistry, and there are many affordable options for missing teeth using dental implants. With technology advancements, implant placement is now a minimally invasive procedure.
Are you a candidate for dental implants?
Thanks to advancements in dental technology, dental implants are now an option for most people. For instance, advanced bone grafting techniques can effectively augment patients’ jawbone so that it can support implants. Also, 3D imaging technology and specially angled dental implants have made it possible for dentists to take maximum advantage of existing bone, making bone grafting unnecessary and allowing for a precise, minimally invasive procedure.
Complimentary Dental Implant Consultation
To find out if dental implants are right for you and to learn more about them, come into the office for a complimentary consultation.
- Basic visual exam
- Digital photos
- Meeting with the doctor
- Get your questions answered
- Learn about the different treatment options
*This offer is valid for new and existing patients.
To make an appointment, call 949-759-9777 or click here to request an appointment online.