Clear Aligner teeth straightening is a modern orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to gradually straighten your teeth. It is a virtually invisible, comfortable alternative to regular metal braces, and can fix most of the same conditions. In our office we offer multiple options for this service with Invisalign and Clear Correct to ensure you get the smile you have always wanted.
At your first consultation, the doctor will explain the procedure. If you have any questions about which straightening option will be best for you, he will also discuss the pros and cons of each.
What are the benefits of Clear Aligner Therapy?
Some of the benefits of clear aligners include:
- They are virtually invisible, so people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.
- They make it easy to maintain proper oral hygiene, as you can remove the aligners completely for brushing and flossing.
- There are fewer visits to the dentist compared to traditional braces.
- The aligners can be removed for special occasions such as weddings or photo shoots.
- You can eat whatever foods you want.
How Clear Aligners work
1. Planning your treatment
First we will take digital X-rays, photos and impressions of your teeth and gums, which will be used to create a digital 3D representation of your teeth. An evaluation and precise plan for your treatment will be written out. We can show you how your teeth will shift at each stage and how long it will take to achieve the final results.
2. You’ll receive comfortable custom aligners based on your treatment plan
Invisalign and Clear Correct custom-design a series of clear trays just for your teeth for every step of your treatment plan. The aligners are made of a smooth, BPA-free plastic. They fit comfortably over your teeth without irritating your gums, which can be an issue with traditional metal braces.
The aligners should be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day. You can remove them for brushing, flossing and eating.
3. Gradually and gently straightening your teeth
You will change your aligners approximately every two weeks. The aligners will gradually and gently move your teeth into a new position, each aligner moving your teeth a little closer to the end result.
4. Have a beautiful smile!
On average, it takes about one year for adults to complete their Invisalign treatment.
To get started, call 949-759-9777 or click here to request an appointment online.